Barry and I had a short conversation about the craziness of 2020 … the COVID pandemic, the lightening & fires, and the catastrophically large hurricanes. Barry made a comment: “The world needs to wake up and pay attention”. That comment led me to a ponder …. Is it the world that needs to pay attention … or Believers of Christ? Is God sending “plagues” to grab our attention? Is this a sign of the End Times? This required me to search scripture …
The “Theology of Sandi” is coming to realize that the “10 plagues” found in the book of Ezekiel are not so much about judgment as a call for repentance and God willing his power, supremacy & “Creator rights” over Israel, Egypt and all the earth.
Scripture reveals to us God governs:
- the wind,
- the sun,
- prison doors,
- every disease,
- travel plans,
- the hearts of kings,
- spiritual deadness,
- and on and on.
God’s ultimate goal is to uphold and display his glory. Scripture tells us it also happens to be for the enjoyment of His redeemed people.
The End Times
“The End Times” have come up in several conversation I have had with people as well. Is this craziness a sign of the end times? …possibly … but, does that mean the end is near in time as “we know it”? Scripture tells us we will not know the time … but, it does record signs and wonders we will see.
The end times will be preceded by:
- great earthquakes and tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will,
- plagues and famines in various places,
- terrors and great signs from heaven,
- the sun darkening, the moon not giving its light, the stars falling from heaven, and the powers of the heavens being shaken,
- days like those of Noah,
- wonders in the sky & on earth and of blood, fire, vapor and smoke,
- the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood,
- wars and rumors of wars,
- nation rising against nation, and kingdom against kingdom,
- many falling away, betraying and hating one another,
- False prophets will come in Christ’s name, showing great signs and wonders, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many, even the elect, if possible,
- God pouring out his Spirit on all flesh,
- the Gospel being preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations,
- Prophesies, visions, and dreams.
God’s ultimate plan upon his return is that … “it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
1 Timothy 4
2 Timothy 3
2 Thessalonians 2
Daniel 10 & 11